Thursday, December 10, 2009

7 Things I LOVE


Pen and Ink



That is one of my favorite things to do when I sketch a picture, I always somehow sketch with a pen. Very relaxing and you can't really mess it up. Scribbles.

Small Boys




The adventuresome personality and imagination that comes with a boy, rough and yet gentle and cuddly, all depending on the moment.

Phlox



My cat. She's a moody ol' thing but I must say one of those favorites. I love her eyes and her exceptionally soft winter coat. I love how she is always alert and watching everything I do, I feel like that says she is more interested in us than she comes across in her aloof catlike personality.

J.M. Barrie



The author of Peter Pan. I love to read about his life and the boys that were a part of his life so much so, that he wrote books about them only in shapes like Peter Pan and The Little White Bird. The early 1900's, his Saint Bernard, Kensington Gardens, adventure, imagination, all of it!


Galoshes


 
They may not really be galoshes, but that's what I call them. These boots are all I ever wear now! I wear them in all colors and materials too, plaid, leather, cream, gray, I wear them with buttons, buckles or zippers and I have yet to get these with laces;)



Chickens

They are definitely a creature I didn't know I loved until I bought some! They are one of the best things that ever happened to me because, they made me go outside everyday, they introduced me to most of my blogger friends (bcuz  of google research), I had come to the conclusion that I would never be aloud to have an owl and they just sort of filled up that spot in my heart, and most of all, they are the epitome of goodness and relaxation!

And... My Backyard 

 

I really just love living in the country. Before we moved here, I wanted to always live in a neighborhood, but now, I just invite my friends here and we play games, ride four-wheelers, snack around a fire pit... the sounds that comes with the country find me never lonely! The beauty of the Lord is a constant reminder to me here.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your blog! And I too love a lot of the same things you love - I've been obsessed with chickens since I was a child, love my little boy, and I have to say, if I had your backyard, I'd love it, too! Thanks for the comments, will put you in my blog roll. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete