Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Look Out for Mr. Stork

That persevering chap
He'll come along and drop
A bundle in your lap...
It has happened! I found my beards first egg in a safe corner of the coop yesterday afternoon. And as you can see, it is green! Not even slightly blue. I'm waiting to see what colors I get from a small feathered flock of six hens. Delphi at least should have brown or white eggs, but the others girls' should be colorful! I love my Amauricanas!!! I think I may now say that their breeding was just fine. Everything has come together for them just nicely. Only we are a bit slow on the nesting boxes... tut tut tut. I am guessing that Fauna layed this one but who knows. It is very small and yet so very perfect. When we cracked it today the yoke was about as big as a nickel. I'm a bit sad now about leaving but it's really all right, I'll only be gone a week.

1 comment:

  1. i hadn't heard from you for a little while, so i followed a link to your profile, and found you here with a new blog! and a green egg! we just got our first blue egg today and i'm beyond excited. what a beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete